Saturday, August 14, 2010

We Bleed Phillies Red

Today we (Mark, our friend Mel, and I) went to Citizen's Bank Stadium to participate in the Phillies Blood Drive. We went because we are noble, giving people. Okay, we happen to be noble, giving people, but we went because they were giving out free Chase Utley tee-shirts, we could have our pictures taken with the World Series and National Championship trophies.

Okay, we're noble, giving people who happen to like free stuff, but what we really wanted to see was THE PHANATIC HIMSELF. We even brought Atticus.

There were lines, and forms, and waiting, and more questions, and more lines, and fingerpricks, and blood pressure tests, and soon I found myself lying on a cot with a needle in my arm. And that is when HE SHOWED UP.

I took this picture with my free hand. I did not know how much of a close up I was about to get of the Phanatic.

The Phanatic, seeing Atticus, came over and pretty much mauled me with love. He danced for me, kissed me repeatedly, and then grabbed Atticus and made Atticus kiss me repeatedly until the blood technicians had to gently remind him not to move me too much.

I am extremely grateful for the tech who took this awesome pictures.

Mel, Mark, Atticus, and me with some well-earned trophies. Not by us, we just got stickers, orange juice, and cookies.

I recognize that this post doesn't have too much to do with the book or our upcoming roadtrip (by this time next week, we'll be in Dayton, OH) but I got smooched by the Phillie Phanatic and I want the world to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment